What Can be Done if I Owe Back Tax?

An installment agreement would allow you to make a series of monthly payments over time. If you can pay your balance in a shorter period of time, you can request a short additional time to full pay, up to 120 days. This payment arrangement does not carry a fee. If you decide on entering into an installment agreement, your monthly payment should be based on your ability to pay and should be an amount that can be paid each month to avoid defaulting.

It is important not to ignore an IRS notice and contact us today! If you do not full pay your tax liability or make an alternative payment arrangement, the IRS is entitled to take collection action.

You have rights and protections throughout the collection process. If you would like some printed information on “your rights as a taxpayer,” making arrangements to pay your bill, installment agreements, and what happens when you take no action to pay, schedule a consultation with Jackson Law Group. To find the several other options you have, please see our Services, and/orResources pages.

The above information is from the Internal Revenue Service and represents general legal advice. Since the law is continually changing, some provisions may be out of date. It is always best to consult an attorney about your legal rights and responsibilities regarding your particular case. Please Contact Us by using the Quick Contact form, calling us at (904) 823-3333 or by email at contact@jacksonlawgroup.com.